Northern Routes

Northern Routes
Norte/Primitivo 796Km(990,000)Steps

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Walking Day 15 Buelna to Celorio


24.7 km. 6.3 hrs.  354 elevation gain and max elevation 152m

I think today was the most beautiful day so far.  It was in the 50s when we started out this morning but although the sky looked threatening we had no rain.  

All day we walked up and down hills on various tracks and dirt/ gravel paths with very little on roads.  

Most of the time we could see the Sierra Del Cuera mountain range that is very close to the shore and runs parallel to the Camino. 

It still amazes me that you can see a mount way ahead of you and by mid afternoon it can be way behind you and several towns away if you just keep walking.
Looking back on a mount we were on earlier in the day.  We had many ocean views and walks near the cliffs.



Al's leg did not bother him today although it is still a little swollen.  I wish I could report similar improvement in my heels but they are asking for a time out !
I'm delighted to not have any blisters and no complaints about my boots or back or   knees.  The heels have been getting worse after I  stop walking at night, then they feel like they are on fire, same as  the first Camino.  But the fix is stop walking and I'm not ready to do that yet.

To recap a little we started in the Basque provencia , walked through Cantabria and today have entered the Asturias.
We have walked 370 km  or 230 miles so we are pretty much on our avg. of 15 miles per day.  Al says by tomorrow night we could be half way.  Right now I'm thinking we may not make it.  Hate to be a pessimist but some of the next days are really high and long .  Maybe I can get on one of those cool little donkeys I've fallen in love with.

All is well and enjoying a three star Hotel tonight.

1 comment: